Reading Time: 1 minute
The WSL’s psychological beating for their tour spot decisions has yet to end this year despite the 2023 Championship Tour season concluding last month. Former CT spot Hossegor played host to the Quiksilver surf festival over the weekend and the French surf hotspot put on a show for the stacked teams event which was co-created by Jeremy Flores.
There was no live broadcast at the invite-only festival due to it being described as an “experimental event”. Quiky did a daily recap on their YouTube page titled BaguetteTV, which is a good watch. Or if you’re too lazy to watch those, the crew at Rip It Up mashed up the best waves from the entertaining three-day contest (video featured above).
It’s quite hilarious that event creator Jeremy Flores would go on to win the inaugural event with former CT competitor Michel Bourez. Meanwhile, it was Jackson Dorian and Sierra Kerr who would steal the show on social media with their insane efforts.
I’m sure all competitors are dealing with internal sand issues right now…
Inaugural Quiksilver Festival event results:
- Team 1 – Michel Bourez/Jeremy Flores: 92.14
- Team 11 – Joan Duru/Marc Lacomare: 91.99
- Team 13 – Alan Cleland/Clay Marzo: 82.92
- Team 7 – Josh Kerr/Sierra Kerr: 82.20
- Team 4 – Aritz Aranburu/Vasco Ribeiro: 79.49
- Team 5 – CJ Hobgood/Adriano de Souza: 64.82
- Team 8 – Maud Le Car/Sam Piter: 63.49
- Team 10 – Coco Ho/Mason Ho: 62.34
- Team 6 – Shane Dorian/Jackson Dorian: 61.32
- Team 2 – Noa Deane/Balaram Stack: 60.97
- Team 3 – Kael Walsh/Mikey Wright: 54.17
- Team 9 – Dimity Stoyle/ Laura Enever: 46.07
- Team 12 – Vahiné Fierro/Kauli Vaast: 21.33